Watch out, it's getting slippery! We talk about wet panties and dusty thongs. Getting wet is not always as natural as we are made to believe in porn movies. Here you can find out what lubrication is, how you can influence it and why sometimes it just won't flow.
Getting wet: What is lubrication?
Lubrication (Latin for "to make slippery") is the process of making the vagina moist. Hormones cause the so-called Bartholin's and Schenker's glands at the vaginal entrance to secrete a lubricating fluid. In addition, the mucous membrane of the vagina swells due to high blood flow when aroused. In this way, fluid is pushed out of the venous plexus of the vaginal wall. This secretion additionally moistens the vagina.
>>> This is how sex works even during your period
The secretion makes it easier for the penis to penetrate and for the sperm to reach the uterus. If the vagina is not moist, both the woman and the man experience pain during penetration. Stimulation of the clitoris is also unpleasant for the woman. Rubbing the vaginal wall also makes it sore and opens the gates to germs.
Lack of lubrication: Why doesn't my partner get wet?
If a woman does not get wet, it can be very frustrating for both partners. There can be various causes behind this. Basically, getting wet does not work at the push of a button. The following things can be the reason for a dry vagina:
- She simply does not feel like it: It is probably the most obvious reason why a woman does not get wet. Without desire, the body does not participate either. However, this reason is not likely when a woman engages in sex. Unless she's only doing it for your sake. If you suspect that this is the case, you should definitely not blame her for not feeling like it. Instead, take more time to ignite her desire. Like? You'll read about that below.
- Your head is not playing along: Sometimes a woman feels like making love, but her body can't keep up. Maybe you know this: You feel like making love to a woman, but for some reason your penis doesn't want to get hard. Stress or tension is simply not a good basis for physical arousal.
- The hormones are imbalanced: A deficiency of the female hormone estrogen can be the cause of her not getting wet. This often occurs in young women or those going through menopause. But also a change of the birth control pill can lead to hormonal fluctuations.
- She overdoes it with hygiene: If a woman uses alkaline soaps or intimate sprays for intimate hygiene, this can dry out the vaginal mucosa. By the way, this also increases the risk of vaginal fungus.
- She has a disease: Infections such as vaginal fungus or cystitis can also be behind a lack of lubrication. Other physical causes, such as diabetes, are not excluded, but only the doctor can determine them.
How to make my partner wet?
Especially in longer relationships, lack of lubrication is not uncommon. Habituation, the pressure of everyday life and an ingrained sex life all take their toll. But this does not have to be. Even in long relationships, you don't always have to use lubricant to enjoy sex again. We show you methods to make your sweetheart wet.
Wetting method #1: Get her aroused in her mind
If the woman can mentally prepare for sex, the first step to getting wet is done. This means: foreplay begins even before foreplay begins. Before you even pamper her in the intimate area, the atmosphere should be erotically charged. You can encourage this by, for example, caressing her erogenous zones such as the neck, kissing her passionately or giving her sexy compliments. Do not underestimate this phase of getting hot. It is essential for good sex and makes you a good lover.
If you are open about your sexuality, you can, for example, watch porn together or engage in exciting mind games to get sexual inspiration.
Getting wet method #2: Create a hot environment
Adjust the time and place to her needs. You would always prefer to have sex first thing in the morning – she, on the other hand, only gets going in the evening? It is not uncommon for men and women to feel this way. Follow her lead more often and arouse her at times when she is relaxed and mostly wants to have sex. You may also have sensed that she is uncomfortable with the overhead lamp illuminating every corner of her skin. Dim the lights to make her feel comfortable in her skin.
Wet trick #3: Celebrate soft petting
Many women are secretly annoyed that men always use the same methods during foreplay. No woman likes to have her clitoris rubbed uncharitably. She'll get wet instead if you leave the private parts out of it for now. A woman has so many hotspots on her body – explore them. The skin alone is the largest erogenous zone of our body. And there are her cheeks, her earlobes, her breasts, her belly, her inner thighs, and and … Use all the ways you can to arouse her: Hands, lips, tongue and your entire body.
Getting wet method #4: Try your hand at hard petting
Only when you sense from her body language that she is ready for the next step, should you devote yourself to the genitals. And also with it not only the clitoris is meant. A woman has inner and outer labia, clitoris, the G-spot, the CUV and pleasure points that we may not even know about yet. Try something new more often to surprise your partner with unfamiliar feelings. Also ask her what she likes most. Maybe you have refrained from pleasuring her orally more often lately?
Lubrication trick #5: Give it time
Patience is a basic requirement for sex. Some women just take longer to get wet than others. Judge yourself according to this. But if you want to insert a quickie, you should therefore definitely use lubricant gel to facilitate penetration. As a rule, the blood flow in the woman's vagina increases during the act.
For a vagina to become moist, several factors must be met: The woman must be healthy, she must have desire and she must not be tense. You can play a significant role in the second and third points. Always try something new during sex, surprise your partner and talk to her about her fantasies and desires. And: Give the foreplay a high priority!
- 1 Getting wet: What is lubrication?
- 2 Lack of lubrication: Why doesn't my partner get wet?
- 3 How to make my partner wet?
- 4 Wetting method #1: Get her aroused in her mind
- 5 Getting wet method #2: Create a hot environment
- 6 Wet trick #3: Celebrate soft petting
- 7 Getting wet method #4: Try your hand at hard petting
- 8 Lubrication trick #5: Give it time
- 9 Conclusion: Getting wet does not happen at the push of a button